Thursday 12 May 2011

This one is for you....


"A True friend is someone who sees the pain in your eyes, while everyone else believes the smile on your face." Unknown.

In life you meet people who are truly good people but don't seem to realise it themselves. People who are encouraging to all that you do and supportive from a far. I have a friend who this applies too.

Although she doesn't always see it, she makes a difference in her own small way that motivate others to be better people. She does not preach to you, or tell you that your way is wrong, she listens and quietly reflects. Then she makes her impact in small reserved ways, that unknowingly to her have the biggest impact.

One of my fondest memories of her took place on Christmas Eve a few years ago. She had invited me to a carol service by candlelight to which she was playing in the band. Her faith is what makes my friend the special person she is, and as the vicar read his sermons she began to cry. At first I was concerned, worried even, but following a discussion with a mutual friend it was explained to me that this was her own personal stress release and how her deep desire to be a better person was released in those tears. I suddenly realised that her release of emotion, though it may seem unusual showed what a truly good person she is and how much she cares about everything.

After that I saw her in a new light.

At the start of the year she decided to not buy any new clothes for a whole year. This was an ethical decision, one of many, she had read an article about a woman who had decided to do this and how she managed to still look great for a whole year in clothes she already owned.

When I heard she was doing this I wasn't surprised. It made me smile as she has a very "individual" style that only works on her. I laughed as she explained that new underwear was permitted in this new year resolution, as she was not Christan enough to deny herself that, but I admired her conviction anyway.

Today, she complemented me on something I thought I was not that good at and it meant a lot. As I read her message something our mutual friend said ran through my head "She thinks she is a bad Christan."

Well I am here to tell you otherwise!
If all people of faith cared as much as you, the world would be a much better place.

So here's to you xxxxx

Check her out @ allibec.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...