Thursday 30 September 2010

Books....The possibilities are endless...


"The worth of a book is to be measured by what you can carry away from it." ~James Bryce.


One place I really love to amble anyway hours in is a bookshop. Not just any old bookshop but one of those massive ones, the kind where a single girl can grab a coffee and can pass unnoticed...

I just love the endless opportunities, the way a book can take you to places your imagination
had never thought possible and I love the way a book can offer a million ways of self improvement. I love the smell of a new book, the feel of a new book and I love their undiscovered potential.

As I wandered around my favorite
bookshop today, trying to drown out my inner dialog. I couldn't help but giggle at some of the titles like..

"Sex Slave"

"How to make someone fall in love with you"

"Happiness its within your reach"
"How to be single"


As I wandered into the travel section, my imagination went wild as images of some amazing places I have visited came streaming into the forefront of my mind. As I banded myself from buying anymore Lonely Planets, one book almost jumped off the shelf at me.... "1000 places to see before you die" I could only compare it to a homeless puppy looking up at you with big lonely eyes hoping you to take it home with you to sleep in front of your warm fire......I was weak. It now resides in my warm house.


Simply, I love books because they make you realise that there are endless possibilities in life but you just haven't had the confidence to reach for them....Yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...