Tuesday 2 March 2010

Day one of job hunt = FAIL

So in an attempt to be proactive I decided to catch the bus from Ryde into the City and try and check some things off my "To Do" list....

When I arrived in the city I decided to make my way to Lee St to the Immigration Department to check if my visa is ok to work as a carer instead of a nurse (because you need a million other expensive things to work as a nurse here!)

The guy behind the counter wasn't all that helpful, I think he wasn't really sure of the answer to my question....so he just said "As long as you don't work in a Hospital" and "Just ask your employer" Hmm.......not so sure......

So after that I made my way to Pitt St in an attempt to find 477 Pitt St......easy you would think.....expect it isn't actually on Pitt St and left me looking all tourist like and scratching my head in the middle of the street until I eventually found it..

After putting on the pretense of confidence by brushing my hair down with my hands and quickly sniffing my sweaty armpits....and deciding they weren't to bad...... I eventually found the nursing agency I was after.....Only to find out that they weren't recruiting health care assistants due to a "lack of work"

Job Hunt + Sweaty Traveller = FAIL

Disappointed, but still trying to be positive I decided to make my way to the bank to try and open a bank account instead....Only to find that they close a 4pm here!....Another fail! :-(

Oh well there is always tomorrow.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...