Thursday 4 March 2010

Do I stay or do I go??

As nice as it has been staying in my friend's flat, today I am moving into a hostel on Pitt St..... Even though this will cost me money I don't have (I am actually on Zero now) This is for two reasons really 1) to meet more travellers and 2) to get some advice on the job situation....

I wondered up to George St the other day and found this Traveller advice place...It would have been useful if you didn't have to pay for the privilege of applying for the jobs they advise on there website...I think I may do it though....the jobs seem very short term.....perfect if I want to see the rest of Oz...

I was thinking of doing this RSA course...the one about being responsible when serving alcohol...it costs money though...but what is it that say "You have to spend money to make money!" There is one for gambling too and a "pub skills" course which would be perfect as I have never worked in a bar before.... All the courses come to about 170 pounds though but most of the employers expect it. The thing is you have to repeat it if you move out of state....so do I do it in a bigger state like Queensland????

There are lots of au pair jobs in Sydney but they expect you to stay for at least 6 months.....so no travelling and no social circle......It could get very lonely....

Call centres were the next option....I think that is exactly what it says on the tin....and still a possibly.....

I have seen some "retail" jobs some full time, some part time......I am going to apply but would you employ a traveller???

I have been thinking about leaving Sydney all together and going to Melbourne or Brisbane.......Melbourne was highly recommenced by a friend and Brisbane seems to have a lot of jobs...according to that website anyway....

I don't want to go home yet, I feel like I have only left home last week and I really want to do all though silly travellers jobs...I think it makes a person more interesting and I'm sick of being boring... Hmm....I could always do the naked cleaners job that was advertised on the website! hehe!.....They may get more than they bargained for.. but its a story to tell!!

Oh and another option was to leave Aus all together and teach English somewhere crazy.....I saw an advert for someone to teach Buddhist monks in Sri Lanka the other day......That could have been amazing and I got all excited about it!!.....Not felt like that for a while!

Well I have lots to think about....will see what the hostel people say later......
Better get packing my backpack...
Oh, oh....On the plus side I have ticked most things off my "To do list" so thats good! hehe!

See ya x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...