Monday 19 April 2010

New Beginnings...

So I have been back home for three weeks now and today decided it is probably time I update my blog.....I have been very slack lately because a) I have been crazy busy travelling b) When I got home I was crazy busy catching up with friends and finding a job.

Well to update you (whoever you are) After two months in Africa, I went to Asia. I loved Vietnam the people there were unbelievable and our boat trip around Halong Bay was amazing. It was so atmospheric the way the mist hugged the rocks, but when it cleared the water was turquoise blue.

Even though we had a month in Asia I still want to go back, there is just so much I didn't see and now I really want to teach English somewhere so I can actually be useful instead of some stupid tourist!



After Asia, I took the world's biggest plane to Oz....I met a friend there and stayed in her sister's flat overlooking Manley Beach in Sydney. Its just a different life there....all the outdoorsy activities seemed so alien to me being a girl from Manchester who spent 98% of the year being rained on! It was amazing to see that in Oz people get there sail boats out at the weekend and sail around the bay or picnic on the beach!

After Sydney (after failing to find a job and getting very stressed about it) I went to Melbourne where I spent a week riding the trams to various places until I decided to give up in the job hunting and spend the last few weeks and last bit of money enjoying myself but come home earlier than I planned....


So I flew to New Zealand (The best decision I made throughout the whole trip!) I loved it! I joined the Flying Kiwi tour bus and made some amazing friends while enjoying the amazing picture postcard scenery.

I was so proud of myself when I completed my first 20k hike.....Me, being a self confessed creature comforts type and surprisingly unfit! We swam with Dolphin's, went Whitewater Rafting, sang Bohemian Rhapsody badly, lived in tents (again) after I had already lived in a tent in Africa for 2 months! (Did I mention I'm not usually the outdoorsy type?!) and watched the most beautiful sunrise I have ever seen......


What have I learnt during my travels?....That the world is an amazing place! That I have to make the most of my time while I'm here and that my passport should always be full of stamps from amazing places. That African people are ingenious and resourceful, that they want to provide for their families through hard work..not hand outs. That nature is marvelous and I should make more effort to see it and appreciate it.

That the people of Asia are some of the kindness people in the world and take great pleasure in making others happy. That I am far to hard on myself and care to much about what people think of me, that I spend far to much of my time doing things for others when they don't do things for me. That my family are the most amazing people in the world. That I should make positive changes to my life and that I should do what I love...I should sing more, learn a language, dance, be creative, be independent and be proactive. That I should take every opportunity that is available to me and that you make your own destiny.......


When I was in Auckland Airport on my last day I wondered around the shops trying to spend my last New Zealand dollars....I found a card that said "He who knows his destination and heads directly to it will get there quickly. He who knows his destination but takes the odd wrong turn along the way will still get there, but be wiser for the experience" So I spent my last dollars on that card. A New Beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...