Saturday 24 April 2010

Be Arsed...

Today I really should have gone to work, but I didn't....See since I got home I have been working for a temp agency, so I can pick and choose when and where I work, which is a bonus. Today though I decided to stay at home.

In an effort to have a more positive outlook on life, I have been taking tips from a book I have actually owned for about a year and haven't read called "Be Arsed" apparently it's "365 brilliant ideas for getting off your backside and living life to the full"

So I thought I would start with achievable things like Number 88 "Go through your wardrobe and throw away anything that is baggy and shapeless or too tight. Try on doubtful items and take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror. Does it flatter you? Any doubts, chuck it!" Hence the great spring clean commenced...

10 pairs on jeans, countless tops, 4 pairs of shoes, 7 hats, 5 bags and two bin bags later.....The spring clean was finished. Surprisingly it does work, I suddenly feel a sense of accomplishment and maybe even charitable, as I plan to take the old clothes to a charity shop.



A few months ago, I would have just thrown the clothes in the bin, but after seeing the poverty in the world and having experienced first hand people begging for the clothes off my back...I now appreciate what I have got and what others do not.


Maybe it's true what they say that "charity begins at home"...
All I know is that I will sleep better tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome idea!
    My problem is that I always think "... what if I put on or lose weight though" so then I end up keeping things that don't fit me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...