Tuesday 10 November 2009

Maybe....

Maybe, just maybe things are actually coming together. Admittedly, I seem to be spending more money than I realised, but maybe and its just a maybe.... I am more organised than I thought I was......

Packing has been a bit of an issue, I'm trying to (as my friend put it) "be brutal" I'm not usually a girl who knows how to "travel light!" Also, how cold does it get in Africa at night?? Warm you would think....Apparently not....

I'm in London at the moment on the hunt for a visa, its more difficult than you would think. Firstly, there was the postal strike...Very inconvenient! It has meant I have had to take a few traumatic car and train journeys lately.......I nearly cried when I missed the train and had to have words with myself to regain composure! Secondly, the opening hours of all the High Commission's are really annoying, 10-12 to drop off your application, that's if you find the embassy in the first place.....I seem to have a knack of getting lost (even without the aid of Becca) Thirdly, you have to wait three days for it to be processed and can only collect your passport again between 2-3pm. Hence I'm stuck here till Friday!

Moaning aside, it has been interesting... So far I have been mistaken for my little brother's cleaner, met the world's most irritatingly vocal cat and have been to see where my brother is working now.....In an office with the most impressive cityscape EVER, you can't complain when you can see St Paul's Cathedral, Westminster and Canary Wharf from your office window! I'm not jealous... Honest!


Roll on the weekend and my leaving party! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...