Saturday 30 April 2011

Where are the boys when you need them?

When I saw it was sunny this morning I had the genius idea of going to buy a laptop, as I am sick of having to do my degree work inside the house, while outside the sun is shining and everyone is enjoying themselves! So off I went to the shopping centre.

After a couple of panicking phone calls to my IT geek little brother, a super quick purchase of a sports bra and an argument with the shop assistant over my incorrect use of the “none lingerie” changing room, despite the fact that it was in fact the only changing room on that floor. I nervously headed over to the laptop area as I tried to remember what my brother had said “Was it 2 megabytes or gigabytes? Was it a 500 hard drive and a 200? What does all this mean anyway? I bet they know I have no idea what I am on about!"

You see this trauma is a daily occurrence for me in my endlessly “single girl” state. I try to pretend I am a modern independent woman, but when it comes to stuff like this, I fail miserably. Other women, those who have men in their lives, would just have to stand there and look pretty, while the saleman talks in boy to their gadget happy other half. Happy in the knowledge that they were not being ripped off simply because they are a girl.

In my head life seems so much easier, but I suppose the grass is always greener.

Either way, I was ripped off and in the process totally forgot get “office” as I was convinced Windows and Office were the same thing and they just magicially appear on your computer with no effort at all on my part.

Fail.

£700 pounds plus £90 for Office later,

I am poor.

Shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...